The MW_DVBC modulator core performs the digital baseband functionality for the transmission side of Digital Video Broadcasting Cable link. The modulator core implements the framing functions as defined by ETSI EN 300 429 V1.2.1 (1998-04). It is configurable to supports all several configurations regard to constellation, , 16QAM, 32QAM,64QAM, 128QAM and 256QAM. Microblaze or external processor interface,with status and control registers, is available for controlling and managing the core. TS over IP, for IP based contribution, or ASI contribution are available. A direct interface with Analog Devices AD9789, covering VHF-UHF bands is available. Internal 20-bit architecture for high level MER and BER performances. FPGA netlist only or complete design environment package are deliverable.
- Compliant with ETSI EN 300 429 V1.2.1 (1998-04)
- Support all constellation type
- Internal or external microcontroller interface
- AD9747 or AD9789 interface available, with interpolation stages. Other DAC interfaces are available under customer request
- Typical MER > 43 dB at UHF band
- I/Q phase error compensation
Performance and Resource Utilization
The core, delivered as is, is warranted against defects for two years from the date of purchase. Sixty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting from the delivery date.
The core has been verified through extensive simulation and physical implementation with Vivado® Design Suite on Xilinx Artix™ 7 and Zynq-7000 technology.
The following deliverables are available:
- FPGA netlist and Xilinx ISE or Vivado® Design Suite constraint files
- User guide
- Block level design document
- VHDL test bench and test vectors
- Fully synthesizable VHDL source code
- Synthesis script for XST
- tcl script for Vivado® Design Suite